First of all, let me just say; the wedding is just a day, granted one you may have been waiting for since you were a little, but it's the marriage that lasts more than a single day.
So, on the top of your list needs to be your partner. Is this person the one person who gets you, and you get? Is this the person, THE person? Okay, then, if they are as on board with this as you are, then that's half the battle!
Now, putting together a beautiful summer wedding can be done on a slim to none budget, and here's some tips on how...
- LICENSE. Can't skirt the cost on that - $65 - Kitsap County courthouse.
- OFFICIANT. Of course it would be great if you hire me! But, you should choose someone with whom you and your partner feel comfortable. They should be willing to work with you on your vows or the kind of ceremony you'd like to have, and hopefully they will offer you good sound answers to your questions. As well, an officiant shouldn't break your budget, so shop around as well.
- VENUE. There are many scenic outdoor spots that are perfect for a small ceremony, and are free!
- RINGS. Not every ceremony I perform includes a ring exchange. But, if you are set on having a ring, may I suggest checking pawn shops rather than mall shops. A) mall shops offer cookie-cutter choices, and you are special! B) Pawn shop owners who are also jewelers are really good places to get decent prices on quality gold, silver & diamonds. PLUS they offer more unique inventories.
- OUTFIT. There are at least 4 second-hand shops in Port Orchard with a great selection of clothing. Keep an open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised at how the perfect outfit will find you!
- RECEPTION. Nothing better than a house-party surrounded by friends and family, to celebrate your nuptials. When everyone brings something, there's a variety, and plenty for all. Mingling is more natural at home, versus a hall or restaurant where you everyone is seated at tables.
Okay, summer couples, June is nearly behind us, and the warmest days are ahead, plenty of time to plan and have your beautiful wedding.
I hope this information has proven helpful in your planning.